Saturday, April 9, 2011

Three Cheers for GNOME 3!!!

I am GNOME

Everyone is celebrating the GNOME 3 release with over a hundred launch parties being organized in different corners of the world. At this moment of applause, I want to extend my sincere thanks to the GNOME Foundation and the GNOME.Asia Committee for choosing India as the spot for the largest GNOME.Asia event ever! Along with the student training sessions, it has definitely sparked a lot of awareness amongst students here as can be seen from post summit follow ups answering which I have spent quite some time after returning from Bangalore.

To the students I want to say a lot of things have to be learnt and this is just the beginning. Your enthusiasm is going to guide you into being successful contributor. I have seen many of you newcomers actively showing up on IRC on #gnome-love and I want to see even more numbers and even more women contributors, at least all those students with whom I had a one-to-one talk!

Thanks to the GNOME Foundation for sponsoring me enabling me to attend it. Huge targets were achieved in a manner which was real fun! I saved a wonderful collection of memories from Bangalore hackfest and Asia Summit 2011: 


Slideshow requires Flash plugin to be installed

More of these can be found on http://www.gnome.asia/photos
For those who could not attend the summit or my talk in particular by any means, you can find my slides here.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Chandini,

    Thanks for pics link. Well i wish there was a video of your talks. Any ways thanks for da slides as well.

    Sure myself not miss your talks next time :)

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

interviewBit Medium: Palindrome Partitioning II

Problem Name:  Palindrome Partitioning II Problem Description : https://www.interviewbit.com/problems/palindrome-partitioning-ii/ Problem Ap...